What is Points Rummy?
Points Rummy is a most popular game and it’s a section in Indian Rummy game, rely on 13 cards where users play with a pre-decided amount of rupees and get the points. The user who creates the first valid declaration wins the game with 0 points. The winner takes all the cash based on the opposition’s total points.
How to play Points Rummy?
Points Rummy is played between 2 to 6 players with 2 packs of cards and it also includes one printed joker. The user plays for points with a pre-decided rupee value and by toss, the user makes his first move in the game. It’s an Indian rummy game so each participant is dealt with a set of 13 cards. The first card is placed in the open deck and the other remaining cards are placed in the close deck without showing. The participant can even get a joker card because this printed joker is randomly going in one of the participants. A printed Joker card can be used as the ace card. Now arrange all cards in a sequence of three cards. Each participant picks a card from the close deck. He can discard the card if it doesn’t approve your sequence. The player can even pick that card to complete sets. If all sets are completed, the player can now reveal his cards and declare them. The first player who finishes wins the game.
Points Rummy Rules
Points Rummy based on points and the player who loses gets points equal to his hand score as per the points system below:
- J, Q, K, A of any suit carry 10 points each.
- All other numbered cards from 1 to 10 carry the same points. Eg: 2 no. card’s value is 2.
- The value of the printed Joker is zero points.
- Al cards will be counted if the sequence is not seen. If the losing player has one pure sequence, only the pure sequence is not counted.
- A player can get a maximum of 80 points. If a player gets more than 80, he will get only 80 points. If any player misses 3 consecutive turns, the player will be dropped from the game as he will get a middle-drop score of 40 points. If a player drops the game in its first turn, he will get 20 points.